Monday, December 22, 2008

Travel!

Two good things are currently happening; I am finally starting to really get my work going and I am leaving site for a while. Unfortunately these two things do not go well together, but it is nice to not want to leave site because things are working and it is even better to leave for a while anyway, haha. I will be going to the capital to celebrate Christmas with the other volunteers, all 120+ of us. Following that I will be visiting my training site host family for a bit before going to spend New Years on an island off of the coast of Senegal. After that I will have another training that will last until the 10th. Then its back to my site for a little bit before going to attend an environmental conference in Ghana, which will be followed by WAIST (the West African Invitational Softball Tournament) in Senegal, which is the most anticipated event for all the volunteers here each year. After that it will be mid February, time passes fast when you are having fun!

2 comments:

ChloeDancer said...

Bro,

Certainly don't feel bad for wanting to leave for a bit and reconnect w/ your other friends.... I think it's great that the Peace Corps does that for you and I think it will help you in your own sustainability... *hug*

Rock the softball game and enjoy the company!!! Btw, I loved the pics of your midnight soccer game... that coordination, love and follow through was really cool!!

It will be neat to see how your site handles your absence too... and don't take it personally if they regress... it's natural... and if nothing, take it as a compliment... they need you!!

Can't wait to hear about your traveling adventures!!!!

Becca Swank said...

"it's just what I always wanted! WooOook!"