Sunday, April 11, 2010

Coming home

That's right. I'll be home from May 14th to June 3rd for a couple of weddings and my first visit back to the US in two years. Woohoo! I'll be at home for the first two weeks for my sister's wedding and then up to Clarkson for Ryan and Maggie Mae's wedding. If you are in either of those places, or in between the two, let me know and I'll try to swing by.

I think coming home to visit is just as surreal for me at this point as leaving home to do the Peace Corps was when I started. It's definitely as exciting. Words can not express how good I imagine it will feel to be HOME, even for a little while. I have definitely found it to be true that the more you travel the more you appreciate where you grew up.

Having been gone for two years and living with such a different cultural perspective on life, it will be interesting to see what about America is difficult for me now. I have some guesses. It's probably best not to complain to me about the minor inconveniences you experience. I probably won't tolerate hearing about cold temperatures being a bad thing either. Also I have heard that the waist size of our fellow Americans can be alarming and take some getting used to again.

Anyway, I AM PUMPED to be coming home!

6 comments:

Linda in the Northeast Kingdom said...

Hugs await you!!

Mom (Ma) said...

You are pumped, we are plumped!

Becca Swank said...

3 months is different than 2 years but I remember being really overwhelmed by the choices in grocery stores and kinda angry that I couldn't pop a squat an pee whenever I felt like it, wherever I felt like it. I found a way to make due here though. You will too.

chris robinson said...

I'll be here at Clarkson, and would absolutely love to see you if you can spare the time!

Zach Swank said...

Hi Chris, Yeah I will definitely stop by! By chance do you know if Bill Vitek will be around as well?

chris robinson said...

I think so. Send us a firm date when you can, and we'll make sure we are here. In any case, safe travels!!