Monday, August 30, 2010

Lightning Tree

I LOVE the rain here. I loved it in America, but rain is so refreshing here it makes me pause everytime. I have been trying to capture exactly it mood it puts me in. Here is one attempt:



Lightning Tree


The current of something greater

flashes through your mind

as a desire to be more thoroughly alive

burns its roots into your psyche


yes, there is something growing now

with ions for leaves

breathing ozone not oxygen

it is this feeling that you want to catch

as it momentarily illuminates new synapses

this power of potential

the beauty of inspiration


but its gone in an instant

too electric to hold on to

leaving behind only smoking tendrels
of growth

in the smoldering hole of what could be

but isn't.







z.swank
8/2/2010

2 comments:

create imperatives said...

Nice to hear from you laddy.
I like how your think and express yourself. And writing poetry seems to suit you.

love,
Dad

Mom (Ma) said...

The apple does not fall far...