Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fully Funded!

I woke up this morning and was surprised to see that we'd received all of the funding we needed for the Segou Ecolodge!

I can't say how happy I am to be finished fundraising and how appreciative my counterparts are to have this support. When I told them we had the funding they launched into a series of praises that would inflate the head of even the humblest person. I don't yet have the list of everyone who donated, but when I do I am planning on getting a plaque made with your names on it to be permanently installed at the ecolodge. Thank you again to everyone who made this possible through donations or through spreading the word! Your charity to the people of Ségou and support of my efforts is appreciated beyond measure.

And now that we have the funding, it's time for me to fulfill my end of the bargain and to get to work...

2 comments:

create imperatives said...

Zach,
You know I am not one to get overly emotional, but this post brings tears to my eyes. So great that you can be a catalyst connecting people and places. Finding a need and helping to organize solutions, giving us a chance contribute from half a world away.
Thanks for that.

love,
Dad

Mom (Ma) said...

Inshallah! Praise God!