Saturday, May 23, 2009

MALI! SOCCER!

So the school year has just finished, or is finishing depending on whether or not the schools are actually observing the end dates of the school year. My Eco Clubs have finished and I am very pleased with how they went. For the last lesson I did a review of all of the lessons that I had done and while no student retained all of the pertinent information I tried to teach, as a group they could answer all of my questions. I also gave out certificates of participation, quite possibly the only certificates/diplomas they might get in their lives. They loved them.

Now that I no longer have the obligation of teaching, I still have the 15 or so projects that I have started, but none of them require my presence at any given time. This means I can go to the World Cup qualifying match between Mali and Ghana in Bamako on the 6th of June and participate in second quasi annual soccer match between Mauritanian PCVs and Malian PCVs on the 12th. In between I am going to book it down to Dogon Country to hike around with some other volunteers. Everyone who has been there raves about it being the coolest place they had visited in West Africa. I post more info and pictures of those adventures after I have them.

2 comments:

Mom (Ma) said...

Good to see you booking some play into your life! Thanks for the email. You sound terrific, actually you are a terrific person (I might be a little biased) Love Mom

kswank said...

Ehhh, Allah. Your in Mali now! If you ever happen to stop by Guinea I know of lots of places you could stay!

:)
Kirsten