Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So I spoke to soon

Alright, I may have jumped the gun on denouncing my friends and their tree nurseries. While I was busy complaining about their in action, one of them, called Woni, went and sold over 50 trees for a profit of more than she could make off of an entire garden in a year! Needless to say, I am very happy. Yet, I was even more happy to learn that one of the persons who bought a bunch of trees was the director of the one primary school that I do not work in! Turns out my work here is not needed after all ;) That's of course not true, but it would be great if it was. Ideally the goal of every PCV is to work ourselves out of a job. I just may have succeeded in creating a sustainable project. If I can just get Woni to buy some tree bags while she is in the capital, the cycle will be complete.

Woohoo!

3 comments:

create imperatives said...

Zach,
Well, hey ...there you go.
Planting seeds seems like a good metaphor....and patience.
love it,
Dad

Mom (Ma) said...

Only a kid who sold maple seedlings off the back steps (in western ny) when he was 4 could make a sustainable project of selling trees in the Sahara!
Signed Proud Mom

ChloeDancer said...

Great job, bro!!!! Tenacity and patience are good traits to have!! I agree w/ dad - planting seeds - great metaphor!!

Love ya, Fozzie Butt! ... *mwah!*