It's December, that means another UN Climate Change Conference has come and gone. I know it's not something I am actively involved in at the moment, but I feel like I have to give a shout out to the most important international meeting of the year. This year the conference was held in Cancun and I'm guessing that's the extent of what most people know about it, that and the fact that it did not fail spectacularly like the conference in Copenhagen did last year. So what
did happen? What was decided about the biggest environmental, economic, and social problem we face? Here are three links that do a decent job of explaining one of the most complex political negotiations humanity has ever attempted:
"Cancun was a Triumph for Global Cooperation"
From the youth perspective:
"Five Reasons to be Hopeful"
1 comment:
terrific, I love hopeful news!
Post a Comment