So I am currently at my regional capital, where my bank and access to internet is, and shortly I will be heading out to my site for realseys. This post is mostly info because I don't have a lot of time. Here goes:
- I am now officially a PCV and brother in service to my AmeriCorps sister.
- I met the US ambassador
- A lot of people have been asking about my internet access, I don't think that I will have it at my site but I will definitely have it when I come into the regional capital every couple of weeks. I will have internet at my site so I can write posts and then quickly publish them. Thus, communication on my end should be better even though I won't have internet.
- The old one still works, but my new address is as follows:
Zach Swank, PCV
Corps de la Paix
BP 17
Bohge, Mauritania
West Africa
- I should be back relatively soon as I have not been able to get to the bank today so I am low on cash, probably in less than a week.
- Pulaar is coming along, I tested at intermediate mid on a scale of (novice > intermediate > advanced > superior). I can use it for basic conversations but need much more practice to make it actually useful for my work.
- Pictures are coming soon I promise! Everyone shared one connection at center and uploading pictures was just not possible
- As always packages are met with ridiculous amounts of joy. In addition to everything on the previous post, books I should read, spices, and various kinds of tea would all be much appreciated.
- I have been getting a lot of letters and I promise I will be writing back. Life has been pretty crazy these last few months and I had less control over my time than I have had since middle school. Also Ramadan should ensure that I have plenty of time to write. Please send more.
- Some things I am very much excited about: having my own place, having control of my time, not having to move again, the hammock I made, making my own tea without sugar, working on my Pulaar, starting to make connections for my work. The biggest thing though is having control over how I spend my time.
- Speaking of my place. As of this moment, my roommate is in Senegal (i think) so it looks like I will be crashing somewhere else for a couple of days. Alaa cadelle (no problem)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Zach untethered....
YUM, YIKES, and YIPPEE !!!
Each day
gloriously starts
find the good
of human hearts.
Expressing self
our daily task
speaking true
in what we ask.
love,
Dad
Post a Comment