Hello once again. I will start the tale of my journeys from the end. I am now well situated back at site and have been quite happy to be here ever since I came back to site, which is the longest stretch that I have been completely happy to be in this country. On the little tour of
Really though, the best news is that more and more people are buying refrigerators which mean more popsicles. Popsicles just might top the long list of things that I once appreciated in the States but no where near the level that I do now. Today I spent more on popsicles than I did on breakfast. High speed satellite internet, like the connection I am currently using thanks to my good friends at World Vision is also on that list. In fact, it’s quite a weird dichotomy to be using satellite internet in my town; I get up in the morning, shower in a bucket, wipe my butt with my left hand, but once the power turns on at noon I can go to the World Vision office and sit in an air conditioned room with wireless internet while chatting in English to a guy from Saudi Arabia who is listening to Celine Dion. As they say in Pulaar, ine heewni (it’s weird/interesting).
It is of course still tough to be here without my family and friends from home, especially when I find out that Becca and Kyle are engaged, but besides that I seem to have lost all other reasons to be unhappy, except the heat; the “hot season”, which I have not yet experienced, is just starting. Even that might be alright though; I have plans to build myself a mud pit to wallow in.
2 comments:
Z-Man,
Ask the people at the World Vision office if they know Jeff Dykstra
Tom
I read this and this comes to my mind:
Sometimes we have to leave what we have before we can come back and appreciate what we have.
I'm glad you have perspective. Sometimes the best way to get it is to step out for a walk about (wrong country, I know, but it just came to me).
Love ya, Fozzie....... and yes - GROOVY about Becca & Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment