Sunday, June 15, 2008

Befuddleboarding

So all of the realities of leaving are hitting pretty hard right now and I needed to do something to lift my spirits a bit and I recommend the following cure to anyone who is able to pull it off.

Here are the materials you need:
1 longboard
1 back country road (preferably a good 10 minutes in a car from anywhere and full of hills)
1 Amish community (preferably all out relaxing because its Sunday)
1 pair of good pushing legs

Let me put it this way, I have never seen a group of people so bewildered as my Amish neighbors were when I road by on my longboard. I have to imagine they were thinking something like this: "What the heck is that thing? Where could he possibly be going?" and most importantly, "Why?"

The lesson: longboarding is fun and always lifts my spirits, but befuddleboarding is way better.

2 comments:

Mom (Ma) said...

I think those same nieghbors will follow your adventures in Mauritania.

ChloeDancer said...

I have not yet seen you but by this time, I'm sure you have already cried at least one of those 10 times in saying final farewells... we will make sure you are cheered by some fishies!!

By the time you read this, we will have already seen some fishies and drank some beer... and maybe cried... but DEFINITELY laughed... and you will be on to your African adventures.... as Paul Simon says... "under african skies"... can't wait to hear a about your meanderings!!

You rock, fozzie... love ya.