I am in Atlanta now, staging starts tomorrow. Not too much to report other than saying goodbye to people is really exhausting! I appreciate all of my friends and family very much but I think you will understand when I say that after over a month of continuously saying goodbye to people, it is nice to be done with that part. It was very emotionally taxing and difficult even if I didn't show it.
Having said that, I would like to thank everyone once again for your support and best wishes, they really did make this process easier.
I have to say though, it still doesn't quite feel real. Every once in a while I will stop to think about it and I can't quite grasp what a change it is going to be, but most of the time I think of it in the very practical way that I am known for and it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I guess I am trying to say that I can't picture the change without it overwhelming me but I rarely picture it because it overwhelms me! I don't foresee any problems from this because there is so much that is unknown and I am pretty good at taking things as they come. Its just an observation I have had in the last couple of days.
Another thing of interest is that there are apparently going to be 78 PC Mauritania trainees at staging and traveling to M with me. That's way more than I had expected and I am really excited about it because it means there will be not only a community of trainees but also likely a community of Environmental Educators that I will be spending training with. That should make the whole process more enriching and enjoyable.
Last note for the night: continuing the fine send off I have had so far, sister Cara (who I met up with in Atlanta) decided that I ought to go a particularly fine American eatery that I don't care to mention by name (but it starts with H and ends with ooters) as my first and likely last trip to that particular icon of Americanism. (and for the record, it was all her idea ;)
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't worry about being overwhelmed or not being overwhelmed. Just live in every moment of the next two years. The good, the bad, the awkward, the sad, the uncomfortable, the joyous, the astounded, the awe, the everything. Have your moments. And write them down. Write, write, write. Because you never know when you'll want those experiences later.
I love you.
How did the immunizations go today? I am definately on a UPS package withdrawal mode! That is a real community you are traveling with. I am fine and finally able to concentrate on the celebration of your adventure vs anxiety. Sorry about that. You will understand someday:) Like Becca's advice. YOu have amazing sisters! Love Mom
You lil' s#@t!!!!... *laughing*... I will allow you to place the blame on me, that's okay.. (even tho I honestly can't take the credit for this "fine eatery!" THIS time)... that's what us elders are for!! .. to be the fall guy for you youngens.... *grin*... Just be lucky you have SUCH an awesome older sister!! ... Also, consider yourself lucky that I don't post the picture of you and all those fine women from that fine eatery that starts with an H and ends in OOTERS!... *wink*
Hope your fozzie butt's not sore from all those shots!!!!
Also, you may be slightly bummed about the odds as we talked last night, but look on the bright side, strawberries are ALWAYS on your side... and your odds here have got to put you ahead of Clarkson's odds as a male student... Needless to say, I think you will do JUST fine!! ... *wink*
Love you!! .. oh yeah, and all that serious stuff that Becca said... she's right on that for sure!!
Have a safe and awesome flight tomorrow and know that I'll be thinking of you at least several times tomorrow.. and no less than once/day every day! Go forth with pride. You are doing a great thing.. and moreso, you are a GREAT person...
Post a Comment