My little American holiday has been much needed and it is time to bring it to a close. I don't know that if this will actually be the last time I use the internet before I leave, but it might be so I thought I would post this up just in case. It was great to hear from everyone, especially the people I had the chance to chat with. I don't think you know how important it is for me to catch up will all of your lives. It partly enables me to live vicariously but mostly it cuts down on the feeling of being isolated over here. Yet, even more importantly, being here is really teaching me the value of the relationships you have and the way I see things in my life is changing to reflect that. There is something about a person who makes less than $1,000 per year telling you that you don't need to pay for food to eat with them because "money is like water, its friendships that matter" that makes that point hard to miss. So thank you all for being in my life and for continuing to remain that way.
I don't know exactly when I will be back online. I will probably be back in to my regional capital in two or three weeks, but IF World Vision gets internet in my town it will be sooner. I'm not holding my breath for that one though.
Talk to you soon!
z.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Zach,
How wonderful to know you get what life is about...ask any molecule...life is about bonding and relationship. Like a howling wind our love is very strong.
Dad
I have to say the attitude toward money you mentioned is refreshing given our society's view and especially now with the impending economic doom.
Local news: The new TV on the Radio album 'Dear Science' is amazing. Becca and I went to the Rochester Rhinos (soccer) playoff game last week. Headed to Rollins Pond this coming weekend. The Sox are up 2-1 in the ALDS vs. the Angels.
Hey Zach,
just wanted to say hey and say how much i appreciate your blog. it has been one of my favorite internet stops since you have left, and i depend on what you write to keep me eager and excited for my life of similar work that i hope to do. i know you are doing wonderful things and i am glad that i had the chance to meet you before you left.
thanks so much for all you write
-michelle milberger
Post a Comment