I wasn't going to start with this one, but since I checked my email first and when you read my posts this one will actually be last I will. So heres a few notes on communication:
- first thank you for every one who has been emailing me and posting comments on the blog, those are all greatly appreciated.
- related to that, I am sorry that I can't respond to them all, but I have limited access to the internet and therefore don't have time to respond to everyone
- if you feel like I have been ignoring your questions / comments, tell me so and I'll make a point of getting back to you
- I have a cell phone now, I don't want to post the number on my public blog so if you haven't already gotten an email from with with the number in it yet and you want it, email me and I'll reply
- I will not likely be making many calls out as my budget is limited, so again I am sorry but I am going to have to ask you all to be persistent about contacting me, your calls will be answered almost any time of day and GREATLY appreciated.
- Its a weird situation in that most of the time (99% of the time) the main means of communication is through letters. This is odd because every once in a while I will get a call or access to the internet which will reach you all about a month before the letters do. So, expect general updates online and more personal info in letters. Also, there are a lot of people to write so it may take a while, but if you write me I will definitely reply asap.
- NEWS! I miss news from the US. If you come across something worth sharing, like Obama taking a running mate or anything I would care about, please email me. I only get little snippets of news here.
Again, I love hearing from everyone and knowing that people are reading and enjoying the blog, I wish I could share more but I could write for weeks and not be able to share everything that has happened so far.
On a completely different note, I planted my first tree in Mauritania today and will be having a teacher give a lesson I altered tomorrow. Both of those things are needless to say VERY exciting because its the first "work" I have done for my "job" here even though I am still in training.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sooooo great to hear from you! How long will you be able to communicate? I still read excitement between the lines! Love you much!
already sent you some news...
Kisses!
even if the food is good, sometimes variety is better...is that what made the chicken salad taste so good?
Love ya!
Beccs
I hope that you are having a blast digging in the dirt and enjoying eating birds!! Kirk and I check the blog nightly to see if you have been able to get online. We are patient and soak up everything you say!! I have some fun news to send you from an alternative paper here, which I will do this weekend... In news, Kirk says that gas barrels went from ~$150/barrel to ~$133/barrel ... and we have a law firm here that was featured for going green... everyone in their firm rides their bike to work :) That was cool to read.
Love you loads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Becca, yeah there is a serious lack of variety here. Cara, thanks for the news!
Zach,
A cool 85-90 degrees here at the farm today. I have only seen one snake so far.....of course the birds are singing every morning when I open my eyes. What animals are you seeing? What are the sounds you are hearing?
Doing people sing or hum as we might?
love,
Dad
Post a Comment