Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gimme Gimme Gimme I Need I Need I Need....

Hey all,

So some people have been asking what would be good things to send, here are some examples of stuff that I could never get enough of:

twist ties
granola bars
news papers / magazines / clippings
pictures from home (emailed or printed)
random stories
letters
love
spices for cooking
tea! (I'm definitely getting a lot of it, but not in variety and the amount of sugar they put in it makes mountain dew seem weak. So different varieties other than plain green and plain black would be good.)

"expensive" items that would make great presents for people here:
maps of the world
maps of mauritania
wind up flashlights

Also the address I originally sent out will always work but I will have a better one when I get to my site, which I will forward then.

3 comments:

Dobre' said...

Zach,
Missing you here at the beach. I'm enjoying your blog and your perspectives on the culture you are entering.
Take care,

Doug Brown

Mom (Ma) said...

OK Mom will weigh in. Part of your journey is immersion in Islamic Republic of Mauritania. As any good guest your job is not to offend while sharing as much of yourself as is possible. Your religious views are only a part of what makes you who you are. Being a good guest often requires us to be less than truthful as not to offend. It is a courtesy- no more. It will not change who you are. Love Mom

Becca Swank said...

What spices do you already have?

Blog readers maybe ought to post the spices they send you so you don't end up with 5 boxes of cumin.