Ok, so you have, or will have seen the picture of our one robinet (water tap (even the water is hot when it comes out of the ground!)). That robinet supplies the water to our entire village. Normally there are women constantly sitting by it to fill up jugs (biduns) all day. The one exception is during the hottest part of the day. There is usually are large puddle around the robinet which makes it a travesty that there are any trees planted for share around it. (Something I am going to change before I leave my training site.)
However, right now you have to pay for water by the jug because the bill for May was 100 times the normal amount so they didn’t pay it. As far as I can tell, its going to stay that way for a while.
That’s the scene for the first (and only time) I got sick so far. Since you have to pay by the jug now my family has less water just sitting around and I had let my personal supply get too low. Enter a perfect storm of losing hydration and being unable to replenish it. After a day and a half of recovering from that, let’s just say that I’m not going to let that happen again.
1 comment:
It is not a good idea to plan a tree around a well head as the roots will break the well structure. You need a shallow root system schrub. Perhaps berry schrub. Not sure whay will grow in that heat. I will do some research.
Post a Comment