Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What's next?

So I head back to my training site tomorrow. I am very excited to continue to learn Pulaar now that I can connect its usefulness to my work and life. However, while I really like my host family and training site, now that I know my real site, I sort of feel like I am going back not to live there for the next month but just to learn Pulaar. I suppose that could be a good thing and it will also change as I reengage in my families life. I will be back at center (aka internet access) on the 6th.
Then again on the 25th for a few days for swearing in and then I will finally officially be a volunteer and leave for my site on the 30th. I have to say, the end of training is coming up very fast and more than a little scary... Mostly because there is not a whole lot of time left in language classes, although I will be getting a tutor once I get to my site.

2 comments:

Mom (Ma) said...

Creature comforts will only free your energy for your projects. I am happy for you. I would be lying if I didn't say that as your mother, I am glad your struggle is somewhat lighter. It might be that we could actually stay in your home when we come to visit?

Becca Swank said...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/02/campaign.wrap/?iref=hpmostpop

Obama will compromise on offshore drilling, but still wants to protect sensitive areas.