Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two days in the life

So I thought I ought to give you all a picture of what my daily life is actually like here. I will do one day in my training site and one day at the center.

Training site:
- 6:30 wake up with out an "alarm" because the animals and prayer calls are loud enough
- go back to sleep for an hour even though my family gets up
- 7:30 get dressed and be fed tea and bread by my family
- 8:30 language classes start
- 10:30-11:00 break from class, grab some food, maybe nap/check the garden
- 1:00 language classes break for lunch
- nap, read, play guitar, study
- 2:30/3:00 lunch with my family followed by tea
- 4:00-6:00 language classes
- 6:00-8:00 work in the garden
- 8:00-? do what ever I can in the very last bit of day light
- 8:00-10:30 talk with my family a little but mostly listen to them jabber in a language that I don't understand while I look at the stars
- 10:30 dinner
- 11:00 refuse tea and go to bed
repeat

Days at center:
- same wake up time
- 8:00-10:00 first session
- 10:00-10:30 break/snacks
- 10:30-12 second session
- 12:00-3:00 break for lunch/socializing time/time to go to the market
- 1:30 lunch
- 3:00-4:30 third session
- 4:30-5:00 break (thats what time it is right now)
- 5:00-6:30 fourth and final session
- social time
- 9:00 dinner
- prime internet time
- 12:00 prime euchre time followed by sleeping out under the stars

So now you can know what I am doing at various times throughout the day.

No comments: